Friday, December 28, 2012

We're engaged :)

Yes I dirty deleted my last post, and no I don't really care! The love of my life asked me to be his wife this Christmas Eve, and of course I said yes!

We always to to the falls in town on Christmas Eve before heading home for the evening to exchange our gifts. The city COVERS the surrounding park in lights, and is one of the things I look forward to most each year.

We pulled to the point where we normally get out to stand on the overlook above the falls, but since our little guy was fast asleep in the backseat we decided to stay in the truck this year. Then, he turns suddenly into a bank of parking spots, gets out, and goes to the rear tire on his side. Then he comes around to my side and asks me to get his tire pressure gauge from the center console. As I'm digging around in there, I feel something cold and smooth as he says to me, "find something in there?" Puzzled I pulled out a bottle of my favorite wine with a bow around the neck. I turned to him and he was down on one knee! It was the single most romantic moment of my life and I bawled like a baby. I love my ring, but mostly I'm beyond excited to marry my future husband. We will elope this spring. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment